Type of occupation: Recognized training occupation
Type of training: Dual training in industry and trade (regulated by the training ordinance)
Duration of training 3 years
Training locations: Training company and vocational school (dual
What do you do in this job?
Concrete and reinforced concrete builders construct concrete and reinforced concrete structures, for example for bridges, halls and skyscrapers. They assemble or fabricate formwork and support scaffolding, plies and braid steel reinforcements to prevent concrete failure and build reinforcements into the formwork.
They produce concrete mixes or process ready-mixed concrete. They put concrete in the formwork and compact it by ramming and shaking. Once hardened, they remove the formwork and, if necessary, work on concrete surfaces. You assemble precast concrete parts and seal concrete structures.
Where do you work?
Employing companies : :
Concrete and reinforced concrete builders find employment:
• in structural or precast construction companies
• in bridge and tunnel construction companies
• in the manufacture of concrete parts and precast concrete
Concrete and reinforced concrete builders work mainly
• on outdoor construction sites
• in structural work or inside buildings
What certification of completion is expected?
Legally, no specific training is required. In practice, craft companies mostly choose apprentices with a high school diploma, industrial companies choose apprentices with a university entrance diploma, a high school diploma and a middle school diploma in roughly equal parts.
• Good physical condition (e.g. when lifting and transporting building materials)
• Craftsmanship (e.g. when fine-tuning finished concrete parts)
• Body control and a head for heights (e.g. when working on ladders and scaffolding)
• Ability to work as part of a team (for example when transporting and installing large precast concrete parts)
• Mathematics (e.g., determining building material requirements, area calculations, and creating the
Work / Technology (e.g. to work with tools, machines and equipment in construction; technical
• Physics (e.g. for the correct evaluation of material properties and the effect of
Forces and types of levers)
What do you gain from your apprenticeship?
Exemplary training allowances per month (varies by federal state) :
• 1st year of training: €805 to €890
• 2nd year of training: 1,000 € to 1,230
• 3rd year of training: 1 210 € to 1 495 €